A modern, affordable website solution for parish councils
I have created a comprehensive website solution for parish councils that is modern, affordable, optimized for use on mobile smart phones and very user-friendly. It also has many great features to help parish councils create an online-hub for their local community.
To see some examples of parish councils using my website solution, please follow these links:Since 1st July 2015, parish councils are required to provide online access to council information under the government’s new Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.
- Badgeworth Parish Council
- Woodbury Parish Council
- St Veep & St Winnow Parish Council
- Towednack Parish Council Website
- East Witton Parish Council Website
- Welton Parish Council Website
- Church Knowle Parish Council Website
- Dingley Parish Council Website
- Kea Parish Council Website
- Flixborough Parish Council Website
- Yarwell Parish Council Website
- Sudborough Parish Council Website
- Ailsworth Parish Council Website;
This is an ideal time to create a parish website, especially one which is user-friendly on mobile devices and emphasizes accessibility as a key design feature. I have created a modern website design tailor-made for parish councils that is able to:
- allow compliance with the Transparency Code requirements for online publishing;
- easily be updated by the parish council website administrator;
- adapt to work on all devices, including mobile phones, to ensure maximum accessibility to the website content.
- provide a great community resource and act as an online hub for all parish related matters, providing local news, calendars of upcoming parish events, photo galleries and more.
With parish council budgetary constraints in mind I have set a low-cost price structure to provide an excellent value-for-money package. In addition parish councils are able to apply for government funding to help setup and maintain a parish website, and also for the purchase of any necessary equipment (laptop, scanner etc). Funding application forms can be downloaded from the regional Association of Local Councils website, filled in with details of the requirements and costs and then returned to them. I can provide more information about this if required.
Step-by-step user guides are provided for the website administrators. This will show you how to use the administrative area of the website to ensure you can modify the website content easily. Subjects that are covered include:
- editing text;
- adding links;
- uploading, organizing and displaying files;
- changing parish council member profile information;
- using the events calendar to display parish events;
- writing blog posts to display the latest news.
Maintaining the website is critical and providing support for my clients is of great importance to me. For a small annual fee I maintain your parish council website by testing and applying website updates and monitoring and improving your website security. This will ensure your website is fast, secure and reliable. Additionally I will always be available and willing to help with any technical issues you encounter to ensure the smooth operation of your parish council website.
If you have any questions or would like a quote for your Parish Council website, please get in touch by contacting me via the contact page of this website or by email / phone:
Below I have provided some more details on the features available within my website design for parish councils.